The Secret of Success
Why are some people so successful in life? What is the secret behind their success? Research indicates that there are ten common traits that appear to contribute to a person’s success:
1. Pay attention to your thoughts as they determine your future: Always be positive and develop a “can do” mind set. Steer clear of negative people who would seek to undermine your commitment to your goals. Focus on success, and not on failure.
2. Be concrete and specific when you dream and set goals: Write down the steps that will lead you there, then track your progress and make changes if needed.
3. Take action: Goals are just words until you actually do something. Every day take a step that moves you in the right direction.
4. Be a life-long learner: Get more training, take a class and acquire news skills. Keep reading widely to expand your knowledge base.
5. Be tenacious, persistent and don’t give up:Hard work is behind every winner’s success.
6. Process the facts and the details:Get information and feedback. Notice what works and what
7. Stay focused: Don’t be distracted by people or things. Prioritise your time and stay focused on your goals.
8. Be innovative and creative: Following the crowd doesn’t take you very far. Don’t be afraid to try something new and give yourself permission to think outside the box.
9. Develop and practise good people skills: To be effective, we need to learn what motivates and brings the best out of others. Also, we need to deal with people in a way that is respectful, open, firm and fair.
10. Be responsible, reliable and dependable: Your word must be your bond, you must do what you say,and follow through on your commitments to others. If this block is not in place, then nothing else will matter!
Was rummaging through my old files and high school stuff in my mini-library when I found this picture! Haha. I actually took the effort to take a picture of the gifts I received during my birthday when I was in second year high school. Remembering that day, my friends really made it memorable because they made so much effort just to buy me gifts! Especially those at the first picture, they actually won them from WOF just to give me a birthday gift. It was a team effort, they said. Aww! *u*
I love re-reading my old letters from them. We had been apart for many years but still, they are the friends I knew and cherished. Thank you so much for this, guys! I felt so loved. ♥
If she worries about you, it just means she cares. But when she stops caring, that’s when you should be worried. :)
5 Easy Steps to Keeping your Cool
It is surprisingly easy to lose your cool, and to react to minor stresses and to irritating people. However, most of us would rather feel relaxed and in control, and the following guidelines can help us reach this goal.
1. Keep things in perspective: Often we catastrophise or over-react when the issue or offense is insignificant. Here, it is best to force yourself to take a balanced approach and remind yourself, “it’s minor, and not worth the energy!”
2. Visualise yourself coping: Take a few deep breaths and let your feelings settle down. Draw a mental picture of a calm, unflustered “you”, who takes their time to respond and is able to cope. Then, in a calm, low voice – with a few well chosen words – respond as you would like, so you maintain your self-respect.
3. Be aware of your triggers: When someone pushes our buttons we generally react. However, if we know what those are then we can regain control, and can practice how to cope when our feelings are stirred. Also, if we’re tired or hungry, feeling cold, or over-stretched then we’re much more likely to over-react.
4. Create a calm environment: Stay one step ahead by preparing yourself for inevitable setbacks and infuriating people. For example, play some music in the car, or take a walk during lunch, or keep some photos in your office of the people that you love.
5. Distract yourself: When you feel the pressure building, or you start to ruminate, think of something that’s amusing, or a fun event you’ve planned.
These are just a few suggestions to help you stay detached so that stresses and people don’t make you lose your cool.
It’s been unfair for me to suffer, so I was going to slap you when we met again, but now that you’re crying, I can’t even scold you. You’re such a player. A natural born player.
--Choi Hee Jin, Queen In-Hyun’s Man (via kurohimes-day)
Whenever I stay in my bed, I always go subconsciously looking at this picture of my friends together. With that, I came to realize how much of an impact they made when we were together. The laughter, the fun, the craziness, the helpless scream of ‘We’re tired making this project!’, the fights and arguments, the memories made, the passions we all had to graduate together - they are the things I sorely miss when I’m with these guys. They made life so much important to me now.
I just miss how things used to be. I know the only thing constant in this world is change, but I hope the feelings, the affections, the memories altogether, will still bring our friendship in the future. I miss you, dearest friends. <3
This blog is a chronicle of anything that happens in Mimi’s life. This serves as an online journal in which she happily shares to people with mutual thoughts as her. Enjoy!